During the spring, nature refreshes itself with new growth and fresh blooms. But this doesn’t have to be limited to the great outdoors. This is also a great time to renew your home too!
Spring cleaning is one of our favorite seasons. We can’t promise to make it enjoyable for you, but we can give you plenty of tips to make it effective. Follow this plan to make your house sparkle from top to bottom.
How to Clean Your Kitchen
- Wipe down cabinets, spending extra time to address any stuck-on stains.
- Empty drawers and vacuum the corners and crevices.
- Clean your oven before any crumbs turn into bigger messes. Note this can take some time unless you have a self-cleaning model.
- Soak pots in white vinegar for about 10 minutes to wash away calcium buildup.
- Scrub pans and baking sheets with coarse salt and a damp cloth to get rid of tough stains.
- Wipe down stainless steel appliances with dish soap and water. Follow up with a dry cloth to buff the surface to a shine.
How to Clean Your Living Room
- Organize by collecting any clutter and put it away.
- Dust all surfaces, including the tops of bookshelves, window frames and ceiling fans.
- Open windows to refresh the house.
- Fluff pillows and fold blankets. Wash them and pillow covers if they are machine washable.
- Vacuum and scrub floors, giving special attention to easy-to-miss corners.
How to Clean Your Bathroom
- Deep clean your bathroom, including floors, tubs, toilets, counters and mirrors.
- Take inventory of your cabinets and toss anything expired, empty or not often used in the past year.
- Make a list of anything you need to replace.
How to Clean Your Bedroom
- Remove dust from all furniture surfaces, ceiling fans, fixtures, door knobs, mirrors, and hard-to-reach or overlooked places.
- Wash your bedspread or duvet cover, possibly even getting it done professionally.
- Flip and rotate your mattress and set a reminder to do this seasonally!
- Vacuum thoroughly, including the closet, curtains and under furniture.
How to Clean Your Windows
- Scrub windows with a simple solution of water and dish soap.
- Work from the top down in an ‘S’ pattern, and wipe excess with a microfiber cloth.
- Plan to clean on an overcast day to avoid drying too fast and leaving streaks behind.
Need some help with spring cleaning? Trust our professional cleaning teams dedicated to helping make homes on the Eastern Shore of Mobile Bay, including Fairhope, Point Clear, Montrose, Daphne and Spanish Fort, as well as Foley, Gulf Shores and Orange Beach, sparkle. Contact us today to book your appointment!